Website Usage Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Fix My iFone',‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Repair Services Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Fix My iFone’, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the user or viewer of our website, or customer to our repair service(s). The term ‘device’ refers to the mobile telephone or electronic device that you will be sending to us for repair service(s).
If you send payment for our repair services, or drop off your device to our repair centre, this is taken as your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out in the five sections below. Any actions taken by any party will be governed by these terms and conditions, and all parties are legally bound by them from the onset of any repair service(s):
1. Sending your device for repair services
1.1 After you have completed the online purchasing process for one or more of our repair services, you must send your device to the address provided in order to obtain the repair services. This excludes customers who have completed the Drop-in Service Request Form.
1.2 You are permitted to use any delivery or courier service to send your device to us. However, we recommend that you use Royal Mail’s Special Delivery™ service (© Royal Mail Group Ltd). Please note that we are not affiliated with Royal Mail in any way.
1.3 You must send your device entirely at your own risk. Our recommended delivery service includes an insurance policy to cover up to £500 as standard, which can be increased if you so wish. Please see http://www.royalmail.com for more information.
1.4 Your device will be returned to the address specified on your PayPal account. We cannot be held responsible if this is the wrong or out-of-date address, so please ensure this information is correct at all times.
2. Whilst your device is in our possession (applies to both send-in and drop-off repairs)
2.1 By using our repair services, you acknowledge that such a risk exists that your device may become lost, damaged or stolen during transit or whilst in storage.
2.2 Whilst we are in temporary possession of your device, we do not assume ownership of the device. We will take necessary precautionary steps to avoid the device being lost, damaged or stolen whilst it is on our premises (on your behalf), but you must acknowledge that we cannot accept any responsibility for your device at any time. This includes, but is not limited to, theft under all offences listed in the Theft Act 1968.
2.3 If, during the repair service that you purchased being performed on your device, further accidental physical damage occurs, we will replace any physically damaged parts. We will not inform you if this happens. By sending your device to us, we will assume your permission to replace not only the originally damaged part(s), but also any other part(s) accidentally physically damaged during the repair process.
2.4 If, during the repair service that you purchased being performed on your device, further accidental physical damage occurs that cannot be resolved by replacing components, we will inform you of this. This instance will most likely happen if damage occurs to the ‘logic board’. We take every precaution possible to avoid damage to this part and any technicians are trained in how to carefully handle them.
2.5 We will pay for the repair of any accidental physical damage to your device that does not come under our range of services. This includes sending your device to another third-party service provider to obtain repair services. We will choose which service provider will complete the repairs, and will endeavour to obtain the services as quickly as is reasonably possible after the damage occurs and after informing you of the situation. Once the device is received back to us, we will send the device back to you. You will receive a refund for the cost of the original repair service, minus the cost of delivery (currently £6.95 GBP). This partial refund will be issued using PayPal’s (© PayPal, Inc.) online transaction refund function.
2.6 If the accidental physical damage caused to your device cannot be repaired by us or a third-party service provider, we will pay for the replacement of the logic board. This will be to the same or equivalent specification as the original logic board inside your device. We will endeavour to source the replacement logic board as quickly as is reasonably possible, because we do not hold logic boards in stock. This may be several days or weeks from the date the damage occurs. Replacing the logic board will mean the data on your device (including contacts, messages, photographs, music etc.) will be lost. Please use the back-up restore function on your iTunes (© Apple Inc.) program on your computer to restore this data onto your new logic board. The damaged logic board will be returned to you with your device. You may wish to salvage data from this if you did not complete the back-up process prior to sending your device for repair services (you will have been clearly advised to do this). We cannot accept any responsibility for loss of sentimental value, income or intellectual property resulting from the loss of any data from your device.
2.7 Due to the volatile nature of the software and hardware on your device, it may so happen that your device loses data during the repair process, despite not suffering any accidental physical damage. This includes, but is not limited to, your device entering ‘Recovery’ or ‘DFU’ mode. We cannot accept any responsibility for any data lost from your device in any way.
3. If your device cannot be repaired
3.1 You are responsible for selecting and purchasing the correct repair option based on the damage (visible or otherwise) sustained to your device, using the information given on this website as a guide only. If the technician discovers that you have selected the incorrect repair option, or that your device needs further repair services to sufficiently return it to working condition, you will be contacted via email at the first instance. If we do not receive a reply from this email, we will attempt to contact you via telephone, using the number provided on the repair form you filled in. We will inform you of the state of your device, and provide advice on what repairs are needed. You can then choose to receive the correct repairs on your device (subject to extra payment or partial refund), or you can choose to have your device returned to you under section 3.2 (see below). If any of these situations occur, the ‘same day repair’ promotional policy (see section 4) will no longer apply, but we will try to return your device to you as soon as is reasonably possible.
3.2 If it is discovered that your device cannot be repaired using our range of services (whether it be under the originally purchased service or not – see section 3.1), your device will be returned to you un-repaired. A partial refund will be issued consisting of the original cost of the service, minus £10.00 GBP, which covers the cost of return delivery and a small payment for any parts used and the time spent working on your device. This partial refund will be issued using PayPal’s (© PayPal, Inc.) online transaction refund function. We will inform you via email if this situation occurs. If this situation occurs, the ‘same day repair’ promotional policy (see section 4) will no longer apply, but we will try to return your device to you as soon as is reasonably possible. The charges apply to each repair service completed on your device, e.g. if you purchased three repair services for the device, and two were unsuccessful, the £10.00 GBP charge would apply twice, for the two unsuccessful repair services.
3.2.1 If you used our drop-in repair services, the charge will be reduced to £5.00 GBP for each unsuccessful repair service completed. Payment for the charge(s) would then be due, instead of payment for the repair service(s) themselves.
3.3 Should you discover, after receiving your iPhone back, that the repair has not been successful, then you must notify us by sending an email message to email@example.com. We will then assess the situation, and may ask that you provide photograpic evidence of the problem (if applicable).
3.3.1 If we reach a conclusion that there is a problem with the repair service provided to you, we take one of two actions. We will decide which action to take, and it will be from the following list:
a) We will ask that you return the device to us, after which we will assess the situation and make any further repairs (if necessary). You are respoinsbile for paying the delivery cost involved in sending your device back to us, whilst we will cover the cost of returning the device back to you after the assessment and re-repair.
- OR -
b) We will issue a partial refund consisting of the original cost of the service, minus £10.00 GBP, which covers the cost of return delivery and a small payment for any parts used and the time spent working on your device. This partial refund will be issued using PayPal’s (© PayPal, Inc.) online transaction refund function. The charges apply to each repair service completed on your device, e.g. if you purchased three repair services for the device, and two were unsuccessful, the £10.00 GBP charge would apply twice, for the two unsuccessful repair services. If you used our drop-in repair services, the charge will be reduced to £10.00 GBP for each unsuccessful repair service completed. Payment for the charge(s) would then be due, instead of payment for the repair service(s) themselves.
4. Timescale of repair services
4.1 Our website advertises a ‘same day repair’ promotional policy. This means that we will aim to complete the purchased repairs on your device on the same day that we receive the device in our possession (hereby named ‘Day 2’), after the day that you have sent your device to us (hereby named ‘Day 1’). Day 1 and Day 2 may not be consecutive if the delivery service takes longer than expected. We will also try to send your device back to you on the same day that we receive your device and complete the repair services (Day 2), in order for you to receive them on the day hereby named ‘Day 3’. However, this timescale is not guaranteed. There may be times when we experience a high volume of repairs, and we are therefore unable to process and repair your device on Day 2. Other reasons may include, but are not limited to, staff illness, short notice medical or family emergencies, or natural/human disaster/event. You will not necessarily be informed that the repair of your device will not meet our ‘same day’ promotion. We will always endeavour to repair and return your device to you as soon as is reasonably possible.
4.2 The 'same day repair' promotional policy only applies to devices received the day after payment. This means that the device must be sent to us on the same day as payment is sent, using a 'next day' delivery service, in order to obtain our same day repair service.
4.3 Our working days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (this excludes Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day and Bank Holidays).
4.4 Devices received on a Friday (Friday being Day 2) may not be returned back to you until the following Monday (Monday being Day 3).
4.5 Our ‘same day repair’ promotional policy is in no way whatsoever legally binding, contractual or otherwise. We have no obligation to meet this timescale. We aim to repair all devices as quickly as is reasonably possible.
4.6 Situations covered in section 3 (where your device cannot be repaired) are not covered by our ‘same day repair’ promotional policy.
5.1 A signed receipt for any repair work completed can be provided upon request. For send-in repairs, your email confirmation for your PayPal (© PayPal, Inc.) payment is taken as the primary receipt for the services you receive from us.
6. Delivery of purchases
We aim to deliver your product within 7 WORKING days or by the estimated delivery date set out in the acceptance email and in any event within 30 days from the date of order or, in the case of pre-ordered Products, 30 days from the date of the despatch confirmation email. If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date because of an event outside our reasonable control we will email to you a revised estimated delivery date.
- Delivery will be completed when we deliver the Products to the delivery address given in the order.
- The Products will be your responsibility from the completion of delivery.
- We accept no responsibility for items that are lost or damaged in the post or during transit, it is your responsibility to decide which postage option you think is best for the safe delivery and insurance of your order, we advise using Special Delivery for items over the value of £50.
- You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges. You will be notified of the delivery charges when you place your order.
- Fix My iFone delivers to destinations inside and outside the UK. However there are restrictions on some products for certain countries.
- Delivery outside the EU may be subject to local import duties, custom duties or taxes which are your responsibility where they apply. Unfortunately we cannot advise you what these charges will be and Fix My iFone is not responsible for them.
- If you do not pay these local import/custom duties or taxes then the Product could be returned to Fix My iFone or possibly destroyed if too expensive to return. Please note, if this happens, we may not be able to refund your purchase. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you are in breach of any law in any such country.